Sunday, August 29, 2010

Party!

Yesterday was a pretty fun day. We had a relaxing morning and then got ready for the main event for the day, a birthday party! The past month has been full of them and there seem to be more to come as the moms that seemed to start out the mommy group I'm in celebrate their babies turning 1. There seems to be an age gap and many new moms are joining the group, but  we are getting way crowded in the little meeting room so the group will be breaking up this week and crawlers and up will meet on a separate day. I'm a little sad, because I want to see the new group of little babies as they grow and learn, not to mention, the new moms can't really ask questions at the meetings about issues that we've already been through. It makes it kinda sad, but there really isn't another option and we still have the Facebook group where we can troubleshoot and discuss. Ok, that was quite a tangent...

So, we skipped the regular Saturday mommy meeting because the party was scheduled to start at 11. I had wrapped up the small gift I had picked up the night before so we were good to go. I loaded Noah up in the car and started to punch in the address in my handy dandy GPS. Except, the GPS couldn't find the street. Uh oh... After trying a few other things like punching in different city names (since all of the suburbs seem to blend together here and it's hard to define where one stops and the other starts) I gave up, hopped out of the car, leaving the A/C running for Noah and ran in to check Google. I printed the directions and we were off. I was already running a bit late and this hiccup meant that I was heading out about 5 minutes before the party was about to start. I kept may navigation system on to see why it couldn't find the address and Google helped me find my way, kinda. Apparently, there are several streets in the neighborhood we were going to that had one name on one end and another on the other end or around the corner. Google did not warn me of this and when I didn't see the correct street name on that first turn it told me to take, I kept going. So, I was driving around the neighborhood a bit and finally found it thanks to seeing the area map on my GPS even though Google told me to turn on a street with a completely different name. Sigh...

So we made it, about 20 minutes late, which was better than I had expected. There were a ton of babies at the party. It appears the mom knows many  more moms with little ones than just those in our mommy group. Leads me to believe I have a very small social circle, kinda depressing actually. They had a nice sandwich spread with a veggie tray and fruit tray. I didn't get to see the cake. It was in the kitchen and by the time I saw it, they had already taken the smash cake off of the top and let the birthday boy have at it and they were cutting the big cake. I hope I get to see pictures. I bet it was cute. It did taste good. =) Noah seemed to have a blast playing with all the toys of the birthday boy. Which I thought had tired him sufficiently for a nice little nap. I was only partially right.

When we got back home, I put him down to bed (he had napped most of the way in the car after all), but he wanted to be topped off, so I nursed him and finally got him to bed. I tried to take a nap too, but before I got to sleep Taran called. I chatted with him a bit and then we hung up so I could go back to trying to take a nap. It didn't work. By that time, I was up. I grabbed a snack and before too long, Noah was up again.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, Noah and I had a quiet dinner, well, he ate, I wasn't hungry from my snack earlier - must plan better. It took a while to get Noah down for the night. My guess is that we aren't done with these teeth that are coming in. He's been cranky and all about nursing all day long. Poor little man.

If more happens today, I'll write again, but for now, I'm thinking it'll be a lazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment