So this morning starts out and first thing, I get an energy drink. This is a good thing because of my "need" for coffee. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and I actually didn't feel like I was dragging early on. It did lack that soothing warm sensation though which is especially nice now that the weather is turning icy.
Next up comes a fiber drink. I'd be ok if I never had to consume it again. But I do. For another 9 days. It's not that it tastes bad, but it makes me think I'm drinking rat kibble crushed up, mixed with water and just enough gelatin to make sure it oozes down. Yeah. Taste, not so bad. Texture, no thank you. Then you have to chase it with a glass of water. Sounds like a good plan to rinse out, but after that, you feel full so you don't even want to think about breakfast. Until you do.
I was actually excited about breakfast. Scrambled egg with Swiss chard mixed in, grapes, and oatmeal. Of course, the oatmeal was far from ideal - no milk and no sugar. Oh well, it was filling. I almost wasn't hungry at snack time. My snack was a hard boiled egg.
I kinda put off lunch, partly because I wasn't hungry and partly because I was afraid I'd be hungry later in the day. For lunch I drank a meal replacement shake. The taste wasn't bad, but I need to mix it up better next time.
Noah and I went to a movie and I watched him munch half-heartedly on the popcorn he begged me to buy while I drooled at it. Not really, but it would have been nice to enjoy. I was starving when I got home and was so ready for my snack - more grapes.
The grapes didn't hold me over for too long. Dinner couldn't come soon enough. I made salmon and I really piled on the veggies with oversized portions (for me). Dinner was tasty and I finally felt full again. Temporarily. I'm hungry now.
I'll probably go to bed before too long, it's after 10:30 and sleeping will hopefully make me forget the hunger. One thing that's exciting is that for once, I was actually under my calorie allowance on my FitBit which hasn't happened since I set up a "meal plan" (basically just a weight loss goal/calorie intake calculation). Now I need to decide what to do for my meals tomorrow. Good times. We'll see how another day goes. So far, things aren't looking too bad.


No comments:
Post a Comment