Yesterday was kinda a nightmare of a day. In the morning we had a really rough start. In part, because the baby woke up in the wee hours and was awake. Not the typical, I'm gonna "fuss a bit because I'm hungry", but the "I'm awake and want to play." So, yeah. I did get him to go back to sleep though.
Everyone was groggy later on when we finally got up. Well, I got up with the baby anyway. The dog and cat were begging to be fed, so I took care of them and then settled into our glider/recliner with Noah, and surprisingly, we were able to nap for another two hours! We were just coming out of our nap and I was considering going to my Smart Mommy meeting which was at 10:30. My brother and his family were going to be coming by at 11:30 and I figured I could leave the meeting early and come back. I was in too much of a daze from grogginess, so we lounged and dozed for a bit longer.
Right around 10:30 or so, I heard a knock on the door. It was my brother! They had decided to get an early start because weather back in Dallas was not predicted to be good and they wanted to make it back in time before it got bad. They had tried to call me a couple times, but my phone was still nestled under my pillow where it hangs out while I sleep. Kinda hard to hear it from the living room. In any case, I invited them in, still wearing my pajamas. I got Taran up and we changed in to actual clothing and had a really nice visit. Their kids played with the dog and had a grand time until it started to rain and they came in. They really enjoyed seeing Noah and his new tricks since their last visit.
When the rain let up, they decided to take advantage of the window of good weather and head out on their four hour journey back to Dallas. I kinda wish we had gotten more time and could have done more with them, but oh well, maybe next time.
The rest of the day went a bit down hill after that. Noah was acting really restless and so we piled into the car to grab lunch and let the baby have a snooze. He did nap, but awakened as soon as we arrived home. After that, it was a vicious cycle of crying and napping. The baby did not feel well. He's been congested with all the pollen going on in the air, but I suspected it was more than that since he wanted to sleep all day long. He'd get up to eat, but didn't want to play much. He felt warm, but I didn't want to disturb his slumber by checking his temperature. He slept in my arms most of the time. A few times, I'd place him in his bed so I could take a break. So, this is how we spent our day. When his bed time came around, I just put him to bed and we continued on our normal nighttime routine.
The good news is that this morning, Noah is in much better spirits. He is playing and crawling and no longer feels like he is warm to the touch. He's a little mucous factory though. I had to suction out his nose and even though he had become accustomed to it before when he was battling his ear infection, he had a renewed insistence to fight me, so that was fun. I'm not sure if he is fighting something else, or if it is crazy drainage from the pollen that is flying around like crazy here, but at least he is feeling better. With any luck, the snot and the slimy drool will decrease before too long. In the mean time, I'll just have to deal with him fussing at me every time I try to wipe his face. Ah, the joys of motherhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment