Sunday, January 31, 2010

Here we go again

So, tomorrow I start another lonely two weeks as Taran will be returning to work tomorrow morning. The past couple of weeks with him here have been all too short. While he was here, he had classes for 5 of the 14 days he was home so I didn't get to see him during that time and it made it seem as if he was here even shorter.

Taran's parents came to visit last weekend and it was nice to have them here. Taran and I got to go to dinner while they watched the baby. We were going to make it a whole date evening, but the movie theaters and bowling alley were packed and so we ended up going home after eating. That's ok. We picked up a movie on the way home and watched that with his parents and had a pleasant evening at home.

This week I made two diaper cakes. One for my neighbor who had her baby in December and one for my friend Brandi who is expecting in March.

The one for my neighbor was a two tier boy cake:
 

The one for my friend Brandi was a three tier girl cake:
 
 
I have also found some online that I will study for different ideas to improve what I have been doing to make them better. I hope that they will become good enough to sell. They may be at that point now, but I also need to pay more attention to what I'm spending on each of them so I can figure out pricing. For now though, I can't wait to find out who is having a baby next so I can make my next one!

Brandi's shower was today in College Station, so Noah and I took the two hour trip. It was a fun shower. Seriously themed out with zebra stripes and pink. Everything was decorated to match down to the plates, napkins, punch, etc. It was so cool. We played a game I had never played before called Baby Bingo. Everyone gets a bingo card and as the mom-to-be opens presents, you mark off squares that have various baby items listed on them to match what she gets. Everyone had a different card and it is especially a challenge if you have something listed on your card that isn't in one of the gifts! It really makes you pay attention to what she receives! They had five or six prizes for those that got bingo first. Noah did great at the shower and on the car trip there and back, so yay!

Now it is back to the daily grind. Tomorrow I will go to yoga, work on my Purina project, and hopefully get to dedicate some time to my pet nutrition counseling business that I'm pursuing. Here we go again...

No comments:

Post a Comment