Monday, September 26, 2011

Busy, busy, busy...

I feel like I say that a lot, "busy, busy, busy," but it seems like that has been the case lately. Despite the fact that I've been getting an extra hour of awake time thanks to the boys transitioning from (or is it to?) Daylight Savings Time about a month early. I still feel like the days are passing me by before I know where they went. As a result, I'm feeling less productive as nap time and bedtime result in true "down time" for me. And by down, I mean almost catatonic. Ok, not really, but it's like I switch to lazy mode where I get very little done and just veg in front of the TV or read.

Our awake time seems to take us various places in an attempt to get Noah a release for his insane amounts of energy. I'm not convinced that tiring him out makes him behave better. Sometimes he just gets wired and whiney. Sometimes it works, other times, there is no change. Oh well. So that means parks and play dates which wear me out too since I spend a large portion of the time disciplining or playing with Noah - not the easiest task with a baby strapped to you, but I'm not about to leave him in a stroller while I tend to (or chase for several yards) his brother. It'd be nice if Taran was able to join us all the time (1 to 1 is a much better ratio than 2 to 1), but he comes when he can.

To add to the normal hustle and bustle, we've been squeezing in the continued mini-van hunt. Not easy working with Taran's hectic work schedule. I think we settled on one, but we have to wait until the dealer finds what we are looking for. I had no idea new cars were in such limited supply. I guess it makes sense, but never having had a new car, I just figured the manufacturers had a stash of the cars and you only had to order them if you wanted upgrades and whatnot. I was wrong.

My crafts have gone a bit by the wayside. Ok, I guess not really. I've been working on a bunch of shoe orders so the personal projects and the extra products I wanted to make for my baby boutique have been put aside. I may pick that up again though since I'm between orders and waiting on details for orders from a few people, so maybe I'll get productive on my own stuff. That means not vegging, but it's hard to move off of a comfy couch after a busy day. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment