I can not believe how different Noah is from the beginning of the week. He's learned so many new things and he's like a tornado tearing through the house without stopping. Although, let's be honest, it's a slow tornado all things considered.
Starting a couple weekends ago it seemed as though he had traded crawling in for walking on hands and knees in a sort of bear crawl. He didn't abandon his traditional hands and knee crawling, but this new form of movement was apparently fun.
He also started getting braver when cruising around furniture and started using walls to cruise along. Taran and I were able to get him to take a few steps between the two of us a couple weeks ago but since then he'd resisted attempts of ours to get him to repeat it. This week, however, he actually tried to walk to me from his sturdy place against the wall or whatever else he was standing against. He can now take several steps before face planting or falling down pretty reliably. Last night I had to laugh because he looked like he was returning from a frat party or something because he'd stand himself up, wobble a step or two and fall down. And he kept repeating it. I was so happy with his progress but it was also very entertaining to watch as he was so determined to figure it out! I'm especially happy to have caught on video a few of his walking attempts.
He also made some strides in other ways too. He has a toy where different shapes go into holes that match the shape. He figured out what that toy was all about. He tried so hard to get those blocks in their proper holes. In the end, he managed to only get a few of them, but I was so impressed that he figured out how the whole thing worked.
Noah's also been an extreme climber this week. He's climbs on top of anything he can get his knee up onto. He'll also climb from one surface to the next. So, this means things like, climbing on top of his walker (he won't actually use it for walking, we've tried) and then from there try to climb onto my desk chair with me in it. After that, he tries to climb up me, by grabbing my hair or anything else he can reach. He climbed onto my mini-tower computer which I thought was too tall, but apparently it didn't slow him down a bit.
So with a more mobile and troublesome baby, I'm still attempting to get things together for his upcoming birthday party. I'm so excited about it. We are planning it for a week after his birthday because on his actual birthday we'll be out of town. I feel like I have so much to do to get ready, even though the party isn't going to be much more than a play date with lots of extra adults. I still want modest decorations and food, so I'm working on all of that. I'm going to make a cake today to practice my icing technique so I don't embarrass myself in front of others at the party.
Noah has a recheck with the ENT today to see how his ears are looking. With any luck, they'll be all cleared up and we can schedule the procedure to have tubes put in. I'm not excited about having it done, but since he's had fluid in his ears chronically, it's what has to happen. I mostly really hope I don't have to fight him anymore to give him antibiotics. He hated them and I hated having to pin him down every time to give them to him and have him spit them right back in my face. No fun. So, I'm crossing my fingers.
I have a friend coming in to town this weekend for and event he's got happening on Saturday. He'll be staying at our place. We were supposed to have a few others, but I'm not sure if they'll still be coming due to extenuating circumstances. We'll see what happens.
For now though, I've go to continue cleaning and getting the house ready for guests... and there's a baby to chase.
No comments:
Post a Comment