Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ear infection strikes again...

Poor baby Noah. As it turns out, he has an ear infection again. It all started last week when he was rubbing at his ears. Since we'd been checking pressures in his ears every three weeks since his last flare up, I figured it was another opportunity to give him his allergy meds. The pediatrician had told me that it could help with inflammation in the eustation tubes. So, allergy meds it was and he seemed to be doing ok. He got them everyday, even when his eyes started watering and nose started draining... uh oh. When the weekend came around, the discharge was green and his temperature started fluctuating up and down. Had to be on the weekend...

Monday I scheduled an appointment to have him seen and we left with a prescription for some antibiotics and instructions to go see an ENT. We got the appointment scheduled with the ENT for this coming Wednesday and not a moment too soon, because he ear started draining like it had the first time around.

Through all of this he's been a champ. A few cranky days and more naps than usual, but otherwise, he's active and playing and actually loves getting his medications. I helps that they flavor them for kiddos.

As for me, I've just been going along with it, not doing much but taking care of the little one. Yoga was skipped all week because he wasn't feeling that great and I didn't want to risk getting pulled out of class because of the draining from his ear. You can pre-emp some things with them, but they still don't believe me that he's a monster spit-up baby and ended up pulling me out of class one day for that, so I'm not even risking this.

Taran's parents came to visit this weekend which is pretty cool. They are staying with his brother which is weird. They had always stayed with us when they visited, but since his brother now lives down here, they feel they have to be fair. It kinda makes me sad. I guess that is how you know you have good in-laws... when you feel kinda jealous they are staying somewhere else. =)

Anyhoo... Just keepin' on keepin' on. Until the next moment strikes me...

No comments:

Post a Comment