Monday, April 12, 2010

Going at one hundred miles an hour and showing no signs of stopping

We have had a whirlwind of a week this past week and there are no signs of slowing as we enter another crazy busy week.

Last week started out a bit slow, actually. Noah has been going to bed earlier, but he also has been getting up earlier too. We have started a routine of going back and forth between him waking and fussing, getting nursed, and when he starts crawling around, he goes back to his bed and surprisingly goes back to sleep. The problem is that when he goes back to sleep in his bed it doesn't last for a terribly long time, so it is hard to get back to sleep. He starts this behavior before the sun comes up and it lasts pretty much until I'm just so worn down and annoyed by it that I finally get up. I did not go to yoga Monday and Tuesday because of this. I think Tuesday, I managed to turn off my alarm and Noah finally went back to sleep so I did too and I actually ended up sleeping until after the class started.

Wednesday, we went to my mommy group as per our normal routine. One mama was having a particularly rough time with her little one, bless her heart. I really need to see about hanging with her and just being there for extra support for her outside of our regular meetings. After the meeting, we came back home and picked up Taran and we headed to the mall. Taran and I needed to get haircuts and since we were going to a wedding this weekend, we thought we'd go ahead and get that out of the way. I needed Taran to look after Noah for me while my hair was getting done. I had the stylist cut off a foot long ponytail so I could donate it to Locks of Love, though when I measured it after the fact it was closer to 15 inch. Oh well. Taran stayed and chatted some, but mostly took Noah around the mall trying to keep him calm and trying to get him to nap. Taran convinced the stylist to highlight my hair (ok, yeah, I did agree, but I've never had my hair colored so I was a bit nervous) which took some extra time. Taran ended up picking up a Wii at the game store and also found a dining table while he waited for me.

When my hair was done, Taran showed me the table he found. I swear, the man has super powers. I had looked at about four different stores, including that one looking for a dining table and didn't find anything I really liked. Taran goes in for a couple of minutes and "wha lah" finds something no problem. He says it's because he asked someone for help. I totally did that at some of the stores and still didn't see what I wanted. This dining set is the perfect balance of nice enough for a formal dining room but not super fancy. Our dining room is relatively small and not super elegant (neither are we for that matter) so a super ornate fancy set would not have worked for us. In any case, the table seats six and has a leaf so it can go up to eight which is exactly what I wanted and it does so leaving plenty of space for chairs and everyone to sit comfortably. And to add to the perfectness of it all, the color matches beautifully with the china cabinet and side table that we had in our dining area that got passed down from Taran's grandma. It couldn't be more perfect. We ordered the table and chairs which were available for us to pick up today.

After getting the table, Taran decided he wanted to go ahead and go back home because it had been such a long day at the mall. He said he'd get his hair cut the next day. When we returned, he set up the Wii and we played some. I worked on getting some laundry done in preparation of our trip to Boerne, TX where the wedding was.

Thursday, we got up and played a little bit of Wii. I worked on more laundry and we got to packing up for the trip. We headed out around noon or so. Noah was great for the trip. He slept most of the time and with the exception of a pit stop for food and to go to the restroom, we had a very uneventful trip.

When we arrived, we checked in to our hotel, chatted with the groom and best man for a bit then went up to our room. Taran left for the Bachelor party not long after that and Noah and I had a nice relaxing evening in our room. Taran returned a bit early (in my opinion). Apparently, it wasn't a crazy party full of drunken debauchery. They just had a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant. Taran grabbed the Wii and the guys gathered in the groom's room playing games for the rest of the evening.

Friday, Taran headed out early to pick up his tux and get his hair cut. When he returned, we had lunch with the groom (Parker), his dad, the best man Jason, and his wife Keelin. Noah was a big hit with everyone as he always is. After that it was back to the hotel for a relaxing afternoon. Taran played more Wii with Parker. Noah took a nap. The rehearsal was in the evening. Dinner was great. There were a ton of people there. I believe fun was had by all.

Saturday, Keelin and I went and got manicures which was awesome! It was nice to have girly time. When we returned, we gathered with Parker, some of the attendants and friends and went to lunch. Then it was back to the hotel. Noah took a nap, although, it was a bit short. Taran showered and left early to get ready and head out with the guys to arrive early and take pictures. Keelin and I (and Noah too) left later and arrived early, but not too early. The wedding was beautiful. The location was awesome and the weather cooperated beautifully for the outdoor wedding. The reception was inside and they had a great facility. Plenty of room and no need to move tables to create a dance floor as I have seen at many other receptions. It was a pretty late night, but Noah did well. Even though he stayed up way too late, he was really well behaved and just stayed quiet and leaned up against me as I carried him around in his sling.

The next day we slept in a bit and finally got to moving around. We checked out and headed back home, dropping off Taran's tux on our way out of town. It was a slow trip back. I took several pit stops and Noah was not as tolerant of this trip as he was on the way there, so we had to stop several times for diaper changes and feedings. We finally made it home. I was so glad to be back.

This morning was a bit slow going. Noah was back into his habit of waking/fussing/etc. and I was very resistant to get up. Taran went and picked up the cat and dog from boarding. I vacuumed while I had the chance. When he returned, we went to the mall to pick up our new dining set. I ran a few errands while Taran headed back home with our new furniture and started setting it up. When I came back, I helped put the rest of the chairs together and worked on more laundry. That has pretty much been my day.

This weekend, one of my nieces is having her First Communion so we are going to have some of my family members stay with us. This particular niece lives about an hour south, so we are near enough to provide shelter to family. I'm taking the opportunity to do some serious spring cleaning, especially since one of my sisters that is staying with us has horrible allergies. I'm not removing the pets from the home, but I'm trying to keep the free flying hair to a minimum so I'm attempting to get it out of fabrics, sheets, bedding, carpeting and whatever other surfaces it hangs out on. I have a whole "To Do" list to get our house ready. I hope I'm able to accomplish it all. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment