Thursday, December 31, 2009

My First Blog

Seriously, what am I doing? Many years ago, I started an online journal. It became very popular among my friends to have a Live Journal account and I hardly ever posted to it. I don't know that the particulars of my life are terribly interesting which is why I was never too into these types of things. My previous journal mostly was various ramblings about things that perplexed me or random things I had on my mind. It never became a habit or an obsession to keep up with. I hardly kept up with my friends' journals either - I saw them all of the time, what was the point?

I'm learning as I get older how difficult it really is to keep up with people. It wasn't much of an issue when I lived in the same city with my friends, but now that I'm in a completely different city it really sinks in. I may not have a particularly busy life now that I'm at home with the baby, but that doesn't mean that others aren't busy. It is hard to call people during the day because they are often at work and there are those pesky limitations on daytime minutes on my cell plan.

So, here I am, starting a blog. I'll attempt to be good and keep it up to date. We'll see how it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment